Nirvana was an American rock band formed in Aberdeen, Washington, in 1987. Founded by lead singer and guitarist Kurt Cobain and bassist Krist Novoselic, the band went through a succession of drummers before recruiting Dave Grohl in 1990. Characterized by their punk aesthetic, Nirvana's fusion of pop melodies with noise, combined with their themes of abjection and social alienation, made them hugely popular during their short tenure. Their music maintains a popular following and continues to influence modern rock and roll culture.
Why They and Their Songs Rock
- They have well-written lyrics.
- A lot of their songs are a good mix of aggressive and mellow.
- Great production value and mixing.
- Despite using very basic chords, Kurt was able to make very iconic guitar parts.
- Kurt's screaming and slurred vocals work with a lot of the songs they make.
- They inspired a lot of musicians and bands like Weezer, Oasis, Blur, Green Day, Dodgey and XXXTENTACION.
- They're responsible for the Grunge explosion.
- By their influence, they likely have helped Sonic Youth 
- They're performance on MTV Unplugged was amazing.
- Their drummer and Kurt's widow were in great offshoots.
- When asked to pretend to play on Top of the Pops, Nirvana went on stage and started messing around to show that they clearly weren't playing. (and his crooning was a nice change from the screaming)
- Their album covers look cool and creative, including Nevermind.
- The lyrics in songs on Bleach aren't very creative like in later albums since they are trying to improve.
- Some guitar parts on some songs sound the same, especially for Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Rape Me.
- Cobain can't really sing, but he does at least try.
- Cobain once vandalized the words, "God is gay", "Jesus is gay", "HOMOSEXUAL SEX RULES", and "Everyone is gay" on vehicles and a bank.
- They never gave credit to KJ for Come as You Are 
- Bleach (1989)
- Nevermind (1991)
- In Utero (1993)
- MTV Unplugged in New York (1994)
- From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah (1996)
- Live at Reading (2009)
- Live at the Paramount (2019)
- Incesticide (1992)
- Nirvana (2002)
- Sliver: The Best of the Box (2005)
- Icon (2010)
- Cobain's great uncle appeared in the 1930 film, King of Jazz
- Cobain is also a talented artist as he draw celebrities such as Michael Jackson and Ronald Reagan.
- Cobain visited Spümcø in 1990 and wanted to write a song for the Ren & Stimpy Show, but the crew of the project thought it was awful and threw it away. Later believed their decision was a mistake when Nevermind was released successfully in the next year. Existence is unconfirmed since he committed suicide in 1994.